Tuesday 26 November 2013

Katie and Chris' beautiful Orangery wedding
























 
I've just sat down to do the "blog" task on my daily to-do list assuming it would be one of the weddings of the last few weeks, but when I finally unearthed the pile of weddings that still haven't been blogged it's scary....I've been remiss and I have weddings back to March that haven't been included yet but time seems to have run out.  I can't promise to include all our weddings (far from it) but I'll try to do a bit of catching up.

So first to Katie and Chris' Orangery wedding from June this year.  And what a lovely day it was.  Having already provided the flowers for Katie's sister Carly, we know (and love) the family pretty well.  We were so pleased to be involved and it was lovely catching up on all the news.  Congrats Carly on the expected new arrival.


So for Katie's wedding we moved from birdcages to candelabras and used the softest, prettiest palette of dusky pinks, ivories and sage toned greens.  The bridesmaids were wearing sage green dresses, so we wanted everything very soft and muted with a pretty and quite natural look.  The bouquets were a mix of La Belle, Vendella, Amnesia, Majolika rose, peonies, hypericum, trachellium and freesias with rosemary and eucalyptus foliage.  The scent was wonderful and we just scaled the size and mixture of flowers down for the bridesmaids yet kept the look the same.



The boys all wore Vendella rose buttonholes with foliage and the Mums had corsages designed to match their outfits.




For the then newly redecorated Orangery, we provided a soft and pretty trailing arrangement for the celebrant table for the ceremony. 


We also provided a soft long and low arrangement for the top table with additional vases either end to take the bouquets. Guest tables were dressed with elegant candelabras with soft and textured floral arrangements on top. Katie wanted these to be relatively neat and not too trailing.








For additional finishing touches we provided some flowers for the gift table, which looked lovely next to the framed family photos.  We also provided a cake topper for the cake provided by our friends at Creative Cakes.  It was a lovely wedding and so great to be involved with a  fabulous family that we feel we know now. 




Here's what Katie had to say about the flowers....!  

I just wanted to say a massive thank you for our beautiful wedding flowers.  I can't even begin to explain how over the moon me and Chris were with them.  They were stunning and more than we could have ever imagined.  They helped make our day perfect and we have received so many compliments from our guests saying how stunning they were.    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  You helped make me one very happy bride!  I can't recommend you enough!

I've voted for you in the National Wedding Industry Awards and I really hope you win. Your flowers are beautiful and in a league of their own!
...
Thank you again!  I don't think any words can help to explain how happy I was with the flowers!  I have tried to upload a picture of us from our wedding for you to see but it won't let me so will send one separately!


No comments:

Post a Comment