Monday 9 February 2009

Wedding Flowers at Elvey Farm, Pluckley





Yesterday, we provided the flowers for Nicola and Robin at the lovely Elvey Farm in Pluckley. What a beautiful day they had in what has been such an awful week weatherwise. Nicola is obviously blessed!

Nicola's flowers were very seasonal and simple, and yet as you can see were bright, cheerful and fitted the location perfectly. Nicola was very relaxed throughout the process of planning her flowers, and was still relaxed yesterday morning when having her hair and make-up done. She was excited about getting married and had planned the perfect "laid-back" day to match her style and personality. Her style was simply to leave it to us to make the decisions about where to place all the vases of flowers, wherever we felt they best fitted. We therefore decided to frame the ceremony space and the celebrant table to draw the guests' eyes forward to Nicola and Robin.

No detail was left to chance at Elvey Farm, and as we were in and out a few times, we felt sorry for the poor lady mopping the wood floors in the ceremony room, as she kept going back over our footsteps to ensure everything was perfect. However, with the sun streaming through the windows, I think you'll agree the attention to detail was well worthwhile. What a great start to married life.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda,

    Just wanted to say thanks for the flowers last weekend. They were fantastic. I loved them. You did a great job. It broke my heart to throw my bouquet away yesterday, it lasted a lot better than I expected. I have managed to press a couple of the tulips although we will see how they come out. It was a fantastic day, very emotional but I wouldn't of changed a thing.

    As soon as I have some pics I will let you have some. I will pop in when we are back, as I would love a couple of vases the same, as having been away I've been unable to enjoy them since the wedding.

    Take care, see you soon and thanks again.
    Love
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete