Wednesday 29 July 2009

Sarah and Rob's wedding at Cooling Castle Barn


I have to admit a weakness for all things purple, and hence I was delighted when I first met Sarah and Rob and they had chosen purple with flashes of hot pink as their colour scheme. It really was striking and looked great in Cooling Castle Barn. We used quite an eclectic mix of flowers from Giant Alliums to delicate sweet peas through to exotic phalaenopsis orchids, and it all worked really well together. I also think a simple touch such as the purple water makes a huge difference to arrangements and finished everything off beautifully.



For the ceremony, we used table centres from the reception area, and the top table arrangement to finish the dais area, which looked great and is something I often suggest to bridal couples. Whilst the ceremony is the most important part of the day, it is also the shortest, and hence if arrangements can be re-used within a venue, this is often an option that is chosen.


The cake was designed to look similar to the table centres, and we wanted to ensure that we had plenty of the purple colour coming through, without using the Giant Alliums!!! We added some extra phalaenopsis orchid heads in to ensure that they tied in with the bouquet and top table, and it all looked lovely (well we think it did!)


I was lucky enough to see Sarah looking lovely and very relaxed in her fabulous dress when I delivered the flowers. It's not often my brides are ahead of time on the day, hence I usually only get to see the dress on the hanger. I finished Sarah's bouquet at her home by attaching a kookaburra brooch that had been given to her by a family member, which worked really well. As Sarah is having her bouquet preserved, the brooch will have pride of place for a long time. I love it when we can use an heirloom or sentimental piece within a bouquet as it makes it all the more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment